Patio Doors in Milwaukee
After putting the time and effort into creating an attractive, comfortable outdoor living space, you want a beautiful, functional patio door to link the backyard to your house. HomeSealed Exteriors can help you compare different styles and learn what features to look for in a high-quality patio door. With our expert advice, you can choose the perfect patio door replacement for your New Berlin home!
Popular Patio Door Styles in Milwaukee
The style you choose determines how your new patio door operates. Three popular options include:
- Sliding patio doors: This style features one sliding panel and one fixed panel. The incorporated screen allows homeowners to leave the door open for ventilation without allowing insects to get inside. The sliding operation also prevents the door from taking up valuable floor space.
- French patio doors: These doors have glass from top to bottom and often come in pairs, swinging wide open to create a grand entrance onto your patio.
- Atrium patio doors: This is essentially a combination of double French patio doors and sliding doors, where one panel operates by swinging open and the second is stationary.
Features to Look for in Replacement Patio Doors
How do you know you have found the right patio doors for your Milwaukee home? Just look for these characteristics:
- Materials: As with windows, replacement patio doors are made of various materials. However, vinyl is commonly recommended because of its affordability, durability, and low maintenance requirements.
- Performance: Not all vinyl patio doors are created equal. You want a product with a thermally welded, multi-chambered frame, along with double weatherstripping, full-length gauge reinforcements, and Heat Seal spacers.
- Glass options: Customize your patio door with a low-e coating and double or triple glazing to improve efficiency, textured glass to provide privacy, or impact-resistant glass to protect against weather hazards and intruders.
Benefits of Patio Door Installation
You may want to upgrade your patio door to enjoy these benefits:
- Better security: Superior locking features and durable safety glass make it difficult for thieves to break in.
- Improved efficiency: With the right features, a new patio door may have superior insulating qualities. This has the potential to lower your heating and cooling costs, especially when combined with replacement windows.
- Enhanced home beauty: Installing a gorgeous new patio door in place of your dilapidated one can make your backyard more appealing. You’re also more likely to enjoy the view better through a larger pane of glass.
- Greater durability with less maintenance: Old wood patio doors are likely to rot, fade, and crack over the years. With a replacement vinyl patio door, you can expect your investment to stand the test of time with little to no maintenance required.
- Increased home value: Moving soon? You can expect to recoup most of your investment in a new patio door by increasing your asking price.
Contact a Window and Door Contractor for Your Patio Door Replacement Project in Milwaukee
Of course, the product you install is critical, but to ensure your complete satisfaction, you also need a reliable contractor to install your new patio door. At HomeSealed Exteriors, we focus on supplying high-quality windows and doors to our customers in New Berlin, WI. Our team is also highly trained and experienced with installing patio doors to ensure the end result exceeds your expectations.